– The Kings fell to 37-30-10 all time against the Hurricanes. Los Angeles is now 14-18-7 on the road against Carolina.
– Los Angeles fell to 7-4-1 against the Metropolitan Division and 17-8-1 against the Eastern Conference.
– The Kings allowed three first period goals and have now been outscored 56-36 in the first frame this season. Overall their seven goals allowed are the most they have given up all season.
– The Kings’ three power play goals allowed were their most given up all season. It was the first time the Hurricanes had scored three power play goals this season.
– Goaltender Jonathan Quick was pulled and played 21:17, his second-shortest outing of the season.
– Forward Tyler Toffoli scored his first goal in 13 games. His last goal came on Jan. 6 against the Nashville Predators. Toffoli also notched an assist for his ninth multi-point game of the season.
– Forward Anze Kopitar scored a goal and notched an assist to reach 61 points on the season. He has 21 points in his last 17 games. He also has a five-game point streak. In that stretch he has four goals and four assists.
– Defenseman Drew Doughty notched an assist. He now has 32 assists in 56 games. Last season, Doughty had 32 assists in 82 games.
– Hurricanes forward Justin Williams now has eight points in 12 games against the Kings in his career.
– Hurricanes defenseman Justin Faulk became the 10th different defenseman in NHL history to score a natural hat trick. Faulk’s hat trick was the first of his NHL career.
– The Kings will practice Wednesday at 1 p.m. in Pittsburgh.
Lead photo via Gregg Forwerck/NHLI