– Wednesday’s 5-2 win marked the 12th consecutive win against the Oilers on home ice for the Kings. During that streak, the Kings have outscored the Oilers by a combined score of 57-21 (including one shootout win for the Kings). Edmonton’s last win in Los Angeles was on Nov. 3, 2011. The 12 game streak is the longest home winning streak for the Kings against any team in the NHL in franchise history.
– Darcy Kuemper stopped 25-of-27 shots tonight. His first goal broke his career-long shutout streak and ended at 193:58. It marks the second longest shutout streak in Kings history (Jonathan Quick has the longest at 202:11, set in 2011). Over his last five appearances he has posted a .969 SV%, a 1.17 GAA and two shutouts. He has also posted an 9-1-4 record, earning points in 13 of his 14 decisions.
– Drew Doughty (0-2=2) tallied his 300th assist and 400th point of his NHL career on his first assist of the night. He is just the second Kings defensemen to reach those milestones (also Rob Blake).
– Anze Kopitar (1-1=2) tallied his second multi-point game in a row and has 17 points in the last 14 games (4-13=17). His goal was the 276th of his career, surpassing Butch Goring for fifth on the Kings all-time goals list.
– Paul LaDue (1-0=1) scored the second goal of his career (first PPG). Both of his career goals have been the game-winning goals).
– Adrian Kempe (1-0=1) scored his 16th goal of the season (tied for fifth among league rookies and tied for third on the team).
– Trevor Lewis (0-2=2) has 11 assists on the season. His 24 points are just one shy of his career high (25, 2014-15).
– Alex Iafallo (1-0=1) tallied his sixth goal of the season and has a goal in each of the last two games.
– Dustin Brown (0-1=1) recorded his 22nd assist of the season.
– Kyle Clifford (1-0=1) registered his second goal of the season.
– Kevin Gravel (0-1=1) tallied his third assist of the season and has points in each of the last two games (0-2=2)
Lead photo via Adam Pantozzi/NHLI
The Kings will travel Thursday to Sunrise, Fla. for their Friday game at the Florida Panthers.