Game 8: Los Angeles at Columbus
Los Angeles Kings (2-3-2) at Columbus Blue Jackets (3-5-1)
Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 7:00 pm (ET)
Referees: #24 Stephen Walkom, #22 Ghislain Hebert
Linesmen: #78 Brian Mach, #68 Scott Driscoll
LAK scratches: F Brad Richardson, F Dustin Penner, D Andrew Bodnarchuk
LAK starting lineup: G Jonathan Quick, D Rob Scuderi, D Drew Doughty, LW Dustin Brown, C Anze Kopitar, RW Justin Williams
CBJ scratches: D John Moore, C Colton Gillies, D James Wisniewski
CBJ starting lineup: G Steve Mason, D Jack Johnson, D Tim Erixon, LW R.J. Umberger, C Artem Anisimov, RW Derek Dorsett
1) CBJ – Derek MacKenzie 1 (Fedor Tyutin, Mark Letestu), 13:02
SOG: LAK-10, CBJ-8
PP: LAK-0/0, CBJ-0/0
First intermission notes: An Anze Kopitar deflection goal off a shot by Slava Voynov was disallowed at 10:20 because of incidental contact between Kopitar and goaltender Steve Mason. Jack Johnson led all skaters with 9:26 TOI.
2) LAK – Anze Kopitar (3) (Justin Williams, Drew Doughty), 0:32
3) LAK PPG – Jeff Carter (4) (Dustin Brown, Mike Richards), 4:25
4) CBJ – Derek Brassard (2) (Tim Erixon, Nick Foligno), 5:36
5) LAK – Slava Voynov (2) (Davis Drewiske, Justin Williams), 10:26
SOG: LAK – 10-15-X=25, CBJ – 8-4-X=12
PP: LAK – 1/2 (1/2 overall), SBJ – 0/1 (0/1 overall)
Second intermission notes: Jack Johnson had 12:53 TOI in the second period and sits at 22:19 overall. Tim Erixon, who made his debut against the Kings with the New York Rangers in last year’s NHL Premiere in Stockholm, assisted on Derek Brassard’s goal. The Kings are 16-for-39 on faceoffs.
6) LAK – Mike Richards (1) (Justin Williams, Simon Gagne), 13:44
SOG: LAK – 10-15-6=31, CBJ – 8-4-8=20
Final: Los Angeles 4, Columbus 2
Note: Because of post-game travel, there will be a delay in getting some notes and stats posted.