Last week a group from the Kings volunteered to serve lunch at the Midnight Mission in downtown L.A. I had heard about the Midnight Mission before and I thought they only provided meals to those in need but they do SO MUCH MORE!. Here is The Midnight Mission Statement of Purpose:
– To offer a bridge to self-sufficiency for homeless people through counseling, education, training and job placement.
– To make available the necessities of life to homeless people: food, shelter, clothing, personal hygiene needs and medical care.
– To offer the 12-step approach to recovery.
– To serve homeless people with empathy and respect, without sermonizing.
– To provide for the homeless as an independent social service agency.
I invite everyone to check out www.midnightmission.org for more information! Once again, have a great Holiday Season and a special thanks to everyone who makes it work at the Midnight Mission. Keep up the great work!