Some notes from last night’s game…
– The Kings missed an opportunity to make history, as they lost to the New Jersey Devils 3-1 in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Wednesday night at Staples Center.
– The Kings now have a 3-3 record in this postseason with a chance to clinch a series. They also lost Game 4 to Vancouver in the first round and Game 4 to Phoenix in the Western Conference Finals. They beat Vancouver in Game 5, Phoenix in Game 5 and St. Louis in Game 4 in the second round.
– The Kings allowed three third-period goals in Game 4. The Kings had allowed one third-period goal in their previous nine games. Before Game 4, the Kings had outscored opponents by a combined margin of 15-5 in this postseason.
– The Devils outshot the Kings 24-22, including 13-8 in the third period.
– The Kings went 1-for-4 on the power play and 3-for-3 on the penalty kill.
– Jonathan Quick stopped 21 of 23 shots.
– Drew Doughty scored a power-play goal, his fourth goal and 14th point of the playoffs. Doughty has three goals and three assists in his last five games. In 30 career playoff games, Doughty has nine goals and 16 assists.
– Mike Richards had a power-play assist, his ninth assist and 13th point of the playoffs. In 81 career playoff games, Richards has 20 goals and 43 assists.
– Anze Kopitar had a power-play assist, his 11th assist and 19th point of the playoffs. In 24 career playoff games, Kopitar has 10 goals and 14 assists.
– Dustin Penner recorded a team-high three shots on goal. Dustin Brown, Matt Greene and Jarret Stoll each recorded a team-high five hits. Willie Mitchell and Rob Scuderi each recorded a team-high three blocked shots.
– Drew Doughty led the Kings in ice time, at a game-high 24 minutes, 46 seconds, followed by Willie Mitchell, at 23:52. Anze Kopitar led all Kings forwards in ice time, at 22:09, followed by Dustin Brown, at 19:50.
– The Kings won 29 of 63 faceoffs (46 percent). Anze Kopitar won 12 of 21 draws (57 percent). Jarret Stoll won 6 of 16 draws (38 percent). Mike Richards won 6 of 15 draws (40 percent).