Some notes from last night’s game…
– The Kings moved to within one victory of claiming the Stanley Cup, as they beat the New Jersey Devils 4-0 in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Monday night at Staples Center.
– The Kings became the first team in NHL history to take a 3-0 lead in all four playoff series.
– Of the 21 skaters who have played in at least one playoff game in this postseason, 17 have scored at least one goal and 18 have recorded at least one point.
– The Devils outshot the Kings 22-21, including 7-6 in the first period.
– The Kings went 2-for-2 on the power play and 6-for-6 on the penalty kill. The Kings had been 0-for-18 on the power play in their previous five games. The Kings are 12-for-12 on the penalty kill in this series.
– Jonathan Quick made 22 saves for his third shtuout of these playoffs, and set a franchise record for most shutouts in a single postseason. Quick also recorded his fourth career playoff shutout, which is also a franchise record.
– Anze Kopitar had one goal and one assist (on the power play), to push his playoff totals to a team-high eight goals and 10 assists. In 23 career playoff games, Kopitar has 10 goals and 13 assists.
– Justin Williams had one goal (on the power play) and one assist, to push his playoff totals to three goals and a team-high 11 assists. In 68 career playoff games, Williams has 14 goals and 29 assists.
– Alec Martinez scored a goal, his first career playoff goal and his third point of these playoffs. In 23 career playoff games, Martinez has one goal and three assists.
– Jeff Carter had a power-play goal, his sixth goal and 11th point of the playoffs. In 64 career playoff games, Carter has 19 goals and 13 assists.
– Dwight King had one assist, his first assist and sixth point of the playoffs.
– Dustin Brown had one assist, his 10th assist and 17th point of the playoffs. In 29 career playoff games, Brown has nine goals and 15 assists.
– Mike Richards had one assist (on the power play), his eighth assist and 12th point of the playoffs. In 80 career playoff games, Richards has 20 goals and 42 assists.
– Drew Doughty had one assist (on the power play), his 10th assist and 13th point of the playoffs. In 29 career playoff games, Doughty has eight goals and 16 assists.
– Trevor Lewis had one assist, his sixth assist and seventh point of the playoffs. In 23 career playoff games, Lewis has two goals and nine assists.
– Willie Mitchell had one assist, his second assist and third point of the playoffs. In 68 career playoff games, Mitchell has three goals and nine assists.
– Jeff Carter, Simon Gagne and Justin Williams each recorded a team-high three shots on goal. Dustin Brown was credited with a game-high eight hits. Matt Greene was credited with a game-high four blocked shots.
– Willie Mitchell led the Kings in ice time, at a game-high 25 minutes, 29 seconds, followed by Rob Scuderi, at 24:05. Anze Kopitar led all Kings forwards in ice time, at 19:32, followed by Dustin Brown, at 19:17.
– The Kings won 30 of 53 faceoffs (57 percent). Anze Kopitar won 8 of 16 draws (50 percent). Jarret Stoll won 10 of 15 draws (67 percent). Mike Richards won 2 of 10 draws (20 percent).