Postgame notes (March 28)
Some notes from last night’s game…
– The Kings moved back into a playoff spot as they beat the Calgary Flames 3-0 on Wednesday night at Scotiabank Saddledome.
– With 88 points, the Kings are in seventh place in the Western Conference, one point behind Pacific Division-leading (and third-place) Dallas, tied in points with eighth-place San Jose (the Kings hold the tiebreaker) and one point ahead of ninth-place Phoenix.
– Jonathan Quick made 19 saves for his ninth shutout of the season, which set a new Kings single-season record. Vachon held the record, with eight shutouts in the 1976-77 season. Quick allowed a total of three goals in four games against Calgary this season.
– The Kings recorded their 10th shutout of the season, which tied a team record set in 2000-01.
– The Kings finished the season series against Calgary with a 2-1-1 record.
– The Kings outshot the Flames 30-19, including 14-9 in the first period.
– The Kings went 0-for-4 on the power play and 4-for-4 on the penalty kill. The Kings are 1-for-24 on the power play in their last seven games, and 12-for-12 on the penalty kill in their last four games.
– The Kings improved to 17-13-8 on the road, 30-5-6 when scoring the first goal, 19-2-2 when leading after the first period and 27-0-3 when leading after the second period.
– The Kings have a 25-1-2 record this season when they score at least three goals in a game.
– Willie Mitchell scored a goal, his fifth goal and 19th point of the season. Mitchell has tied a career-high for goals in a season (he also had five goals last season).
– Dustin Brown scored a goal, his 20th goal and 48th point of the season. Brown has reached the 20-goal mark in five consecutive seasons (he had a career-high 33 goals in 2007-08). Brown had three goals and one assist in four games against Calgary this season.
– Justin Williams scored an empty-net goal, his 19th goal and 54th point of the season. Williams has four goals and five assists in his last 10 games. Williams had one goal and three assists in four games against Calgary this season.
– Anze Kopitar had two assists, to push his team-high totals to 43 assists and 67 points. It was Kopitar’s 16th multi-point game of the season, a team-high. Kopitar has four goals and five assists in his last eight games, and seven goals and nine assists in his last 15 games.
– Slava Voynov had one assist, his 12th assist and 19th point of the season.
– Drew Doughty had one assist, his 26th assist and 35th point of the season. Doughty has one goal and six assists in his last eight games.
– Dustin Brown recorded a game-high four shots on goal. Brown and Colin Fraser each were credited with a team-high three hits. Alec Martinez, Willie Mitchell, Jarret Stoll and Justin Williams each were credited with a team-high three blocked shots.
– Willie Mitchell led the Kings in ice time, at 24 minutes, 46 seconds, followed by Drew Doughty, at 24:21. Anze Kopitar led all Kings forwards in ice time, at 18:18, followed by Mike Richards, at 18:11.
– The Kings on 29 of 58 faceoffs (50 percent). Jarret Stoll won 13 of 21 draws (62 percent). Anze Kopitar won 8 of 14 draws (57 percent). Mike Richards won 3 of 13 draws (23 percent).