GMs meeting in Florida
After last night’s late arrival from Chicago, the Kings meetings and off-ice workouts today, so there will be some notes and quotes to come. Also, the league’s general managers are meeting this week in Boca Raton, Fla., with the possibility that they might suggest some rule changes. Some of the items presumed to be up for discussion include…
– The re-installation of the red line, and the return of outlawing the two-line pass.
– The installation, rather, of a “Bowman line” — named after Scotty Bowman — at the top of the circles to regulate long passes rather than the red line.
– Modifications to icing rules.
– The allowing of “bear hug” type holding along the boards, to reduce big hits.
– Small shoulder pads for skaters.
– Video review for goalie-interference calls.
– A crackdown on penalties for too many men on the ice.
What do you think? Should any of these become law, or at least receive serious consideration?