Postgame notes (Nov. 22)
Some notes from last night’s game…
– The Kings got a goal from Willie Mitchell with 5:49 remaining in the third period and held on to beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2 on Tuesday night at Scottrade Center.
– The Kings had won only two of their previous 10 games in St. Louis.
– The Kings have an 8-0-0 record this season when they score at least three goals. The Kings also have an 8-0-1 record when they allow two or fewer goals.
– The Kings improved to 5-2-2 on the road, 6-2-3 in one-goal games, 3-5-1 when allowing the first goal, 2-1-1 when trailing after the first period and 4-3-1 when outshooting their opponents.
– The Kings outshot the Blues 28-25, including 9-4 in the third period.
– The Kings went 1-for-6 on the power play and 6-for-6 on the penalty kill. The Kings had allowed at least one power-play goal in eight consecutive games.
– Jonathan Bernier stopped 23 of 25 shots to improve his record to 2-2-0.
– Mike Richards had one goal and one assist, on the power play. Richards ranks second on the Kings in goals (nine) and points (18). Richards has seven goals in his last seven games.
– Willie Mitchell scored the game-winning goal in the third period, his first goal of the season and his 25th career goal in his 664th game.
– Anze Kopitar had a power-play goal. Kopitar leads the Kings in goals (10), points (24) and power-play goals (4). Kopitar has two goals in his last three games.
– Andrei Loktionov had one assist, his second assist and point of the season.
– Simon Gagne had one assist. Gagne has one goal and two assists in his last three games.
– Justin Williams had one assist. Williams is second on the Kings in assists (13) and third in points (16).
– Willie Mitchell recorded a team-high four shots on goal. Dustin Brown, Kyle Clifford and Drew Doughty each were credited with a team-high three hits. Doughty was credited with a team-high four blocked shots.
– Drew Doughty played a game-high 24 minutes, 47 seconds, followed by Willie Mitchell, at 23:05. Dustin Brown led all Kings forwards in ice time, at 20:59, followed by Mike RIchards, at 20:37.
– The Kings won 28 of 47 faceoffs (60 percent). Mike Richards won 15 of 16 draws (94 percent). Jarret Stoll won 6 of 15 draws (40 percent). Colin Fraser won 4 of 7 draws (57 percent). Anze Kopitar won 1 of 5 draws (20 percent).