Postgame notes (Oct. 29)
Some notes from last night’s game…
– The Kings got a point on the road but lost 3-2 in overtime to the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday night at Jobing.com Arena.
– The Kings fell to 2-1 in games decided in the five-minute overtime period.
– The Kings recorded a season-high 39 shots on goal, to the Coyotes’ 33. The Kings are 1-2-1 when outshooting their opponents and 5-0-1 when being outshot.
– The Kings went 0-for-4 on the power play and 3-for-3 on the penalty kill. In their last four games, the Kings are 1-for-12 on the power play and 11-for-12 on the penalty kill.
– The Kings fell to 3-0-2 on the road, 4-0-2 when scoring the first goal, 0-2-1 when trailing after two periods, 3-0-2 in one-goal games and 3-0-1 in division games.
– Jonathan Quick stopped 30 of 33 shots. Quick allowed a total of five goals in his first six starts, including three shutouts. He has allowed a total of six goals in his last two games.
– Mike Richards scored a goal. Richards has two goals and eight assists in 10 games this season.
– Anze Kopitar scored a goal. Kopitar has five goals and eight assists in 10 games this season.
– Dustin Brown had one assist. Brown has one goal and three assists in his last two games.
– Trent Hunter had one assist, for his first point of the season in his fourth game.
– Willie Mitchell had one assist, his third assist in 10 games this season. Mitchell had five assists in 57 games last season.
– Matt Greene had one assist, his second assist in 10 games this season.
– Jarret Stoll recorded a team-high six shots on goal and was credited with a team-high four hits. Matt Greene was credited with a team-high four blocked shots.
– Drew Doughty led the Kings in ice time, at 25:31, followed by Willie Mitchell, at 24:57. Mike Richards led all Kings forwards in ice time, at 22:05, followed by Anze Kopitar, at 21:04.
– The Kings won 34 of 66 faceoffs (52 percent). Mike Richards won 13 of 25 draws (52 percent). Anze Kopitar won 9 of 17 draws (53 percent). Jarret Stoll won 9 of 15 draws (60 percent).