Fairly regularly, I get questions about the Staples Center game-entertainment experience that I simply can’t answer, because I don’t know the answer. Well, a couple weeks ago I was glad to meet Danny Zollars, who is the Kings’ new director of game entertainment, and Danny has agreed to do a blog-led Q&A, in which fans/readers can ask him questions and he can get a feel for the passionate fan base that he will now be serving. Please feel free to post your questions here, and I might stress the word “questions.” Certainly, feedback and suggestions are welcome, but if your comments are in the form of a question, it will be easier for me to present them to Danny when I speak with him.
I asked for a rundown of all the things Danny is responsible for, to help better define the questions, so here you go. Hopefully it will give you a good idea of what Danny can speak to…
1. Direct and lead venue staff (graphic design, audio/visual, lighting, operations, PA announcers) in collaborating to produce all elements of Kings in-game experience.
2. Select and manage all music to optimize fan experience at the game.
3. Lead efforts in producing and managing all Kings Events – Fan Fests, Watch Parties, Theme Nights, In-game Concerts, Charity Events, Season Ticket Member Events and others.
4. Oversee all graphic elements during the game.
5. Manage distribution of all promotional items for fans at games.