Postgame notes (Sept. 25)
Some notes from last night’s game…
– The Kings lost for the second time in three exhibition games as they fell to the Anaheim Ducks 3-1 on Sunday night at Staples Center.
– Andrei Loktionov scored the Kings’ only goal, with an assist to Jarret Stoll. It was the first point of the preseason for both players.
– Jonathan Quick played the entire game and stopped 15 of 18 shots.
– The Kings outshot the Ducks 33-18, including 15-3 in the third period.
– The Kings went 0-for-6 on the power play and 2-for-2 on the penalty kill. In three preseason game, the Kings are 2-for-19 on the power play and 8-for-8 on the penalty kill.
– Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams each were credited with a team-high five shots on goal. Dustin Brown, Matt Greene and Dustin Penner were each credited with three hits and Willie Mitchell was credited with a team-high two blocked shots.
– The Kings won 34 of 66 faceoffs (52 percent). Jarret Stoll won 15 of 23 draws (65 percent).
– Alec Martinez led the Kings in ice time at 22:25. Anze Kopitar led all Kings forwards in ice time at 19:14.