No decision on Schenn - LA Kings Insider

Terry Murray and Dean Lombardi had their junior-eligible pow-wow yesterday, but no official decision has been reached — or at least announced publicly — as to whether Brayden Schenn and Kyle Clifford will return to junior or stay with the Kings. Murray indicated yesterday that Schenn might be better served by a return to junior, but he remains on the roster and will be a healthy scratch tonight. Clifford will play his 10th game tonight, which means he’s officially into his entry-level contract and most likely will be staying around for a while. Here’s what Murray told reporters this morning about Schenn’s status…

MURRAY: “We haven’t made a decision on Schenn, nothing firm. … We did have a meeting, a coaches-manager meeting. We talked about a bunch of different scenarios, but we haven’t reached any decision. Just keep going through it, and keep working with all the young players that are here, that are part of the hockey club, and try to make them better every day.”

Schenn is still at eight games, meaning the Kings could put him in one more game before making a decision on his contract status, but Murray said he wasn’t sure whether Schenn would get into a game any time soon.

MURRAY: “I can’t rule anything out on that one. He’s the only healthy (spare) forward that we have here right now, so you go through the games and if stuff happens, then he’s in. Until we decide anything different, he’s part of the team right now. We discussed things and talked yesterday, but we didn’t arrive at any firm decision. That’s the scenario. He could still get that one game in before we have to make a firm decision, so we’ll wait and see how it plays out tonight.”