Postgame notes (Oct. 3)
– The Kings lost to the Anaheim Ducks 3-2 in overtime, with goals from Justin Williams and Brad Richardson.
– The Kings outshot the Ducks 43-21.
– The Kings went 0-for-8 on the power play and 6-for-8 on the penalty kill.
– Jack Johnson played a team-high 30:01 and had one assist. Michael Handzus led all Kings forwards at 20:30.
– Justin Williams had one goal, one assist and tied for the team high five shots on goal (with Brad Richardson and Jarret Stoll).
– The Kings won 23 of 58 faceoffs (40 percent).
– In the battle of the rookie centers, Andrei Loktionov played 16:17, had three shots on goal and had a minus-1 rating. Brayden Schenn played 18:40, had one shot on goal, three hits and a minus-1 rating.
– The Kings will have a day off tomorrow, with no work at the rink. It’s possible that final roster cuts might not be announced until Tuesday morning, but we shall see…