Saturday practice update
– It was more of the more intense practices of camp, with plenty of conditioning skating at the end and more than the usual share of Terry Murray barking at players during drills.
– You can essentially remove Ray Kaunisto from the active roster, which puts the number of healthy players in camp down to 32. Kaunisto suffered a lower-body injury during one of the road preseason games, and injured players cannot technically be assigned, but Kaunisto will go to Manchester.
– Erik Ersberg and Scott Parse made it through practice. Ersberg said he still has some minor issues with flexing the hand, and Parse had a bruised toe — it was friendly fire, apparently courtesy of Thomas Hickey — but they both should be fine going forward.
– The next roster cuts should come on Wednesday.
– Injured players Matt Greene, Marc-Andre Cliche, Viatcheslav Voynov and Colten Teubert joined the Kings for conditioning skating at the end of practice.
More notes to come…