Postgame notes (Dec. 7)
– The Kings improved to 4-0-1 in their last five games, improved to 14-3-3 when scoring first and improved to 12-0 when leading after two periods.
– The Kings earned their first victory over Calgary since Feb. 15, 2008, and won for the second time in their last 12 meetings against Calgary.
– The Kings had a season-low 16 shots on goal. Calgary had 27 shots, and outshot the Kings 13-4 in the third period.
– The Kings went 1 for 3 on the power play and 4 for 4 on the penalty kill.
– Scott Parse scored a goal and has at least one point in six of his last seven games (three goals, four assists).
– Jarret Stoll has at least one point in four consecutive games (two goals, three assists), and has 17 points in his last 19 games.
– The Kings won 22 of 37 faceoffs (59 percent). Stoll won 10 of 12 faceoffs.
– Stoll had a game-high seven hits and tied for the team high (with Justin Williams) with three shots on goal.
– Drew Doughty led the Kings in ice time, at 24:46. Dustin Brown led all Kings forwards in ice time at 20:10.
– Jonathan Quick made 26 saves.
– Heidi Androl, who does on-camera work for the Kings on TV and online, did not work Monday. She was arrested early Monday morning, reportedly for suspicion of driving under the influence.
– The Kings will skate in El Segundo on Tuesday morning before their flight to San Jose.