Postgame notes (Nov. 28)
– Jonathan Quick stopped a season-high 32 shots. Quick had matched his season high two nights earlier (30 saves) two nights earlier against Vancouver. Quick has won three consecutive shootouts (stopping all eight shots against).
– Wayne Simmonds now has a career-high three-game goal streak (three goals, one assist in that span). Simmonds has eight goals and seven assists this season and had nine goals and 14 assists in 82 games last season. Simmonds also took a team-high four shots on goal.
– Scott Parse has assists in three consecutive games.
– Dustin Brown had a season-high nine hits. The Kings out-hit Chicago 41-25
– After their dreadful performance in the faceoff circle in Canada, the Kings won 34 of 58 faceoffs. Michael Handzus won 12 of 16 faceoffs (75 percent).
– The Kings went 0 for 3 on the power play and are 0 for 13 combined in their last four games.
– Anze Kopitar played in his 200th consecutive game tonight (March 21, 2007 to present).
– The Kings are 7-0-3 in their last 10 home games vs. Chicago.
– The Kings are 9-0-0 when leading after two periods.
– The Kings were outshot 33-22. They have allowed at least 32 shots in three of their last four games.
– Drew Doughty played a team-high 25 minutes, 37 seconds. Anze Kopitar led all Kings forwards at 22:22.